On April 19, 1912 the Usando Literary Club donated $25.00 for a library fund with money that was raised by members who went door to door promoting the need for a public library. On November 19, 1914, the Carnegie Public Library was dedicated. An addition to the building was completed in June 1964.
Ground-breaking for the new library was held on April 16, 1985, and one year later, on April 19, 1986, books and equipment were moved in from the old building. The Upper Sandusky Community Library was opened to the public on April 24, 1986, and dedicated on November 28, 1986.